We evaluate crypto poker sites on a number of objective pre-defined criteria. We keep the subjectivity to a minimum and use measurable verifiable facts.
Here are the criteria we score poker sites on, a definition of 10/10 performance and examples of things that cause poker sites to lose points.
User interface and user experience elements such as
- Custom options such as 4 color deck and player notes.
- Layout and clarity of controls such as bet sizing.
- Fun factor.
- Site speed.
10/10 poker software has beautiful design, intuitive controls, logical layout and settings, deals well with multi tabling and is fun to play on. We test all of this on desktop and mobile.
Points are lost for things like intrusive casino adds, your preferences not being remembered, disorganized lists of tables in the lobby and lag.
There are 2 elements in this rating;
- Cash game rake.
- Tournament entry rake.
We give sites a separate score out of 10 for both then average the 2 scores to get the final score out of 10.
10/10 is given to whichever crypto poker site has the lowest cash rake.
Other poker sites lose 1 point for every 0.5 % additional rake they have above the lowest rake poker site.
For example, if the lowest rake poker room has 2% rake, they will get 10/10. If another poker room has 3% rake they will get 8/10, 1 point lost for every 0.5%.
Then we do the same thing for tournament entry rake and average the 2 scores.
The average cash rake at crypto poker sites is 2.5%.
The average tournament rake at crypto poker sites is 4%.
Range of tables
There are 2 elements in this rating;
- The range of different types of poker available.
- The range of different tables/tournaments with different blinds/buy-ins. This can also be seen as a measure of the size of the player pool.
A 10/10 poker site offers all popular poker varieties including
- Crazy pineapple
- Dealer’s choice
- Open face chinese
- Texas hold’em
All with various tables and tournaments of different blinds and buy-ins.
There are 3 transaction types we look at
- Is it possible to generate a new address for every deposit?
- Number of confirmations you have to wait before you can play.
- Wait time.
- Player to player transfers.
A 10/10 poker site provides deposits, withdrawals and player to player transfers for any amount instantly with 0 confirmation play available.
poker sites lose 1 point
- For every confirmation your deposit needs before you can bet with it.
- For every hour a withdrawal takes.
- Any transaction fees.
- If there is no player to player transfer available.
There are 3 elements to this rating
- What channels customer service is available though.
- The speed of replies from customer service.
- The accuracy of replies from customer service.
A 10/10 poker site has 24/7 live chat support with staff who are knowledgeable about crypto and poker. Email customer service answers question in less than an hour, with the correct information. Customer service is also offered via social media.
Points are lost by things like giving incorrect information, slow response time to emails, undertrained staff and only having 1 method of contact available.
Privacy, security and transparency
There are 2 main elements to this rating
- How much personal information do they require? The less the better.
- Is 2 factor authentication available?
A 10/10 poker site allows fully anonymous accounts without requiring an email address. Poker sites lose a point
- For every piece of personal information they require.
- If 2 factor authentication is not available.
Combines all of the above elements plus things like feedback we have received from real users, trustworthiness, positive input to the crypto community and if a poker site’s bonuses are worth taking.